The place of pita in our kitchen is very large. Mevlits, breakfasts, dinners, in short, every meal, in any case there is room for pita. And there are so many varieties. Country pita, minced pita, a few of these.I don’t suppose we have a city without pita halls in Turkey…
So, do you have to go to the pita place to eat a delicious pita?
“Of course not.”
This recipe is made at home as you like, you will make pitas that make stones for pitas made in pita. How to make minced pita at home? How to make pita in a pan? How to make pita mortar? How to make soft pita dough? We have compiled all the wonders for you…
Soft Pita Dough Recipe
When it comes to pita, the first thing that comes to mind is the dough, which is soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. The dough of the pita is as important as its internal ingredients. Especially on Sunday mornings, many bread ovens cook pita for breakfast. However, this pita cooked from bread dough does not appeal to everyone’s taste. It is very easy to prepare soft pita dough at home.The biggest trick for soft pita dough is to use milk to make dough.Pita dough prepared only with water is hard like pitas prepared from bread dough. What if there’s no milk in the house?
The answer to that question is very simple. A spoonful of butter or cream will be enough to give the pita dough a softness.
Age yeast or dry yeast when preparing pita dough?
For a soft pita dough, the dough needs to be beautifully yeasted. For the yeast of the dough, the age does not matter yeast or dry yeast. Both yeast varieties give the dough the softness it needs. However, age yeast is slightly more effective than dry yeast, it swells the dough more. In addition, the age yeast has a sharper smell than dry yeast. Some very sensitive people may not like this smell.
Home Minced Pita Recipe
Ingredients for soft pita dough (for 14-16 pieces of pita)
- 1 cup milk
- 1.5 Cup water
- Half a pack of fresh yeast, or 1 teaspoon of dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Half a teaspoon of sugar
Ingredients for minced pita;
Another thing that is curious about the recipe for minced pita is, should the minced inner mortar be roasted or raw?
the answer to this question is; It could be both. Minced meats and onions can be roasted in the construction of minced inner mortar. However, pitas prepared from raw minced meat will be much tastier. This is because the pita and the inner mortar are cooked together and completely missed. However, it is entirely up to you. Let’s get to the materials…
- Half a kilo of minced meat
- 3 medium onions
- 2 tomatoes
- A teaspoon of salt
- Black pepper
- Powdered pepper
- Half a cup of water
- Half a bunch of parsley
- Green pepper according to season
Making Minced Pita at Home
- Let’s heat a glass of milk and a glass and a half of water so that it is warm. It is important that the water is warm. The water, which is too hot, cooks the yeast, it will not emboss the dough.
- Let’s drain the hot water into a proper coarse. Let’s add yeast, salt and sugar. Let’s mix until the yeast melts.
- Then let’s start adding flour. Let’s add flour until we have a dough that doesn’t stick to the hand.
- Let’s knead the dough well. Next, let’s wrap the mouth of the dough container with clingfilm, so that it will be yeasted faster.
- While the pita dough is being yeasted, let’s prepare the minced pita….
- Let’s chop the onions tiny. Let’s not forget that onions and minced meats will be used raw in pita. Therefore, onions need to be chopped quite small. Those who prefer it can use it by roasting minced meat and onions.
- Next, let’s add the washed and chopped parsley.
- Let’s peel the tomatoes and puree them, then add the inner spend.
- Let’s add the salt, pepper, powdered pepper.
- Finally, add the minced meat and juice to the coarse and mix until all the ingredients are homogeneous. Water added to pita inner mortar is important. Thanks to the water, we spread the inner mortar comfortably in the pita dough, and when the pita is cooked, the minced meat is not collected in a lumpy place.
- Let’s pluck egg-sized pieces from the yeasted dough. Let’s open the dough with the help of longitudina, tray-length roller.
- Let’s add 1.5-2 tablespoons of pita mortar to the dough we open. Then let’s close the mouth of the dough and let the pita on the tray. Let’s continue this process until the tray is full.
- Let’s heat the oven at the highest temperature for 10 minutes and then reduce it to 200 degrees. Let’s put the liquid on the soft pitas we have prepared and place the tray in the middle eye of the oven.
- The pitas will be cooked in approximately 15 minutes, which varies from oven to oven.
How to Make Pita in a Pan?
- From the dough we have prepared, let’s remove smaller pieces from the egg and make them into meringi.
- Let’s open these meringiers longitudined, pan-length.
- Then let’s add a tablespoon of minced pita mortar for it.
- Let’s place the pita in the non-stick pan.
- Let’s cook both sides of the stove in the low eye. We do not need to add oil to the pan. However, in the recipe of pita in the pan, the pitas should be cooked in the low eye of the stove. In this way, pita dough and raw pita are cooked very comfortably.
Homemade, soft pita dough, minced pitas ready, enjoy….